CBD and Hemp Oil are known to relive several ailments. Both products (hemp oil and CBD) can come be delivered to the only in several different forms. I have seen them marketed as tinctures, gummies, tea products and of course CBD can come in the form of marijuana bud that has a higher percentage of CBD. What exactly are some of the aliments that CBD and Hemp oil alleviate?
- Pain Relief; CBD has been used for 1000’s of years to relive pain.
- Reduce Anxiety and Depression; CBD is a great alternative to pharmaceutical medication.
- Reduces Acne; because of CBD’s anti-inflammatory properties, acne can be reduced.
- Neurological Regulation; CBD is being used to help treat epilepsy and multiple sclerosis.
- Eczema Reduction; the seeds of Hemp contain a lot of essential fatty acids.
- Heart Health; Alpha-linoleic acid helps to reduce heart issues.
- Beauty Applications; I’m sure you have seen many hair care products and skin care products that contain Hemp oil. The essential fatty acids also help with many beauty applications.
We can all agree, all of these health benefits can be quite exciting for people struggling with aliments that Hemp oil and CBD can alleviate. But how do you know your not getting scammed. Testing and regulation is behind, this opens the opportunity for “scammers” to take advantage. How can you be sure the hemp oil or CBD is actually contained in the products you are ingesting?
The sad truth is, its rare for ANY concentration of CBD or Hemp oil to actually be in these products. Most of them are falsely labeled. Mass produced products are arriving to the United States from international countries where regulations is more “lax” then the US (which is already unregulated).
Great Title! The product looks sharp and reasonably priced, 60 gummies for only $28.00? It seems that the pricing can’t be beat. Also, they have over 1,700 reviews with many of them being very positive. But do you think these reviewers know that they are being deceived? Lets continue on through the listing.
Here is another snapshot from the listing. The seller is proud to announce that the product he is selling is “Proudly Made In the USA”, doesn’t that just make you feel nice and tingly inside? Wow! Your supporting an American made product if you buy from him!! Not to mention, if the product is made in the USA, you know the quality may be better! Who would have thought its all deception?
Ok, so now you have seen how the product is being SOLD, but lets take a look at where the product is being sourced. Through my research I have found the exact product image on the Chinese wholesale and distribution website Alibaba.
Look familiar? This seller is not only sourcing the product from a Chinese wholesale site but he is making a KILLING. The seller is pawning this gelatin and sugary concoction (because I’m sure that all that’s really in this gummy) off to unsuspecting people with illnesses looking for relief, what a scumbag…
According to a trusted Amazon Sales Estimator, this product is selling 1,667 times a month. If the seller is getting $28.00 per sale and purchasing each product for $3.00, the seller is netting $41,675.00 per month. He is making this money from deception, which is NOT ok with us…
Take a look at the picture above, this is where the “Hemp Gummies” from the listing are produced and packaged. Does this look like an American factory to you? Need a hint? Take a look at the top left of the picture; want to take a closer look? I zoomed in below.
That sure doesn’t look like English to me. Instead, it appears to be Chinese. Its actually telling the employee’s hard work and quality production is important for the business and jobs of the employees.
Picture from Alibaba Listing.
Picture from Amazon Listing.
If the seller is willing to lie about the production of the product, I wonder what else the seller is willing to lie about? This is completely speculative, but the content of Hemp is highly questionable as well. If you look at the featured listing picture from Amazon you will see the Hemp content is “300,000”, but take a look at the featured image from the Alibaba listing. On there it says the Hemp content is “30,000 MG”.
This is what happened… the seller contacted the supplier and asked that the supplier remove the “MG” from the bottle and add an additional “0”. The reason they would do something like this is to save money. The supplier can easily adjust the text on the bottle as long as they don’t have to edit the actual label itself. This product being listed on Amazon feels like a “quick buck” for the seller, not something they are building a business around. Therefore, the deception is not an issue for them. They simply don’t care.
I don’t mean to crack down so hard on the first seller, because this is not an isolated issue to this seller, marketplaces all over the Internet are plagued by these sellers pushing Chinese CBD/Hemp gummies over the internet. Just so you know this isn’t an isolated issue, below you will find another seller doing the same thing…
Listing From Amazon
Listing From Alibaba
Here’s another example, this seller is selling even MORE than the previous example. According to the Amazon Sales Estimator, this product is selling over 3,000 times per month just on Amazon. Lets say the seller is paying $5.00 per container (which they are not, he’s buying more volume then that and getting a better deal 100%) and selling them for $32.95, which is what it says on Amazon. That means this seller is netting $83,850 per month.
Again, this money is coming from misleading buyers and taking advantage of the misinformation and lack of testing required to get into the marketplace. I can’t stand deceptive practices like this and that why it needs to be exposed. I promise more sellers like this exist but for the sake of keeping this to the point, two strong examples should suffice.
How can you stay protected as the consumer?
Act like a Smart Consumer!
I don’t have a problem with anyone using a marketplace to purchase Hemp or CBD products because of the review systems that are in place. For instance, on Amazon even with the scammer examples I gave above, if you dig deep enough you will find people saying “stay away from this seller”, or “this is Chinese Hemp oil not made in the US”. But, its HARD to find a seller on the marketplaces that aren’t doing something that resembles what the scammers are doing.
Look for a Vertically Integrated Supplier:
This is the easiest way by far to know you are receiving a quality product that you can trust and ingest without concern.
You should find a CBD or Hemp oil provider that Grow the Hemp, processes the oil and sells it to the consumer. This way you “miss” the profit centers required by everyone who would have been in the process otherwise. For instance, for a company that isn’t vertically integrated, the process would go something like this.
- Farming– The farmer grows the hemp and harvests the plants.
- Extraction– The farmer sells the dried product to an extractor who renders the oils from the dried product.
- Retailer– The retailer puts the pieces together. They buy the oil and combine it into the delivery method of choice (capsules, gummies, tincture, etc).
- Consumer-FINALLY the product arrives to the consumer through the Internet or retail store.
Here’s the problem with the non-vertically integrated company. By the time it gets to the consumer, the product is more expensive than the vertically integrated product and its been potentially contaminated. The product ends up being more expensive because it goes through different avenues. The extractor puts a percentage on top of what he paid the farmer because he needs to make money of course; and it continues down the line, the retailer marks it up again because he also need to make money. This is just how life goes!
The contamination can come from several different issues. First, when its not done all by one company, different levels of service can add something to increase yields and make more money, I would not want to be the person to ingest those “additives” whatever they might be. The other source of contamination can come from transportation. Loading up and unloading product into dirty trucks and gross dolly’s can cause cross contamination.
With a vertically integrated company, chances are very good the product is simply moving from the field to a processing area o the same property, or its moving from room to room in the same facility.
Know What CBD is Best For You!
From Left to Right: Isolate, Broad, Full
Full Spectrum- Full Spectrum CBD is going to be the darkest visually, many people prefer full spectrum becauseit contains the most from the hemp plant. It actually contains so much that it will containtrace amounts of THC, which is the psychoactive cannabinoid in cannabis. Of course the amount of THC contained in Full spectrum is not enough to get someone “high” and experience any psychoactive symptoms.
But it is important to keep in mind that any trace amounts of THC will make someone fail a drug test. Therefore, if you are in a position where you need to be drug tested, you should not use full spectrum material. Healthcare workers, first responders or police officers should avoid using full spectrum because it can make you fail a drug test, which obviously is not worth the risk.
Many people will gravitate towards full spectrum CBD because it is the LEAST processed form.
Broad Spectrum- Broad Spectrum CBD is a little bit lighter than the full spectrum; the reason for this is because more is processed out of the oil. But, broad spectrum is still a great option; it contains all the cannabinoids that full spectrum contains without the THC. If you are looking for an option that in no way shape or form can “pop” on a drug test, this is it!
Whatever company you decide to purchase your CBD from, it is not out of line to ask for lab results of the product your purchasing. Some of them proudly display them on the websites they utilize. This way you know for a fact that no THC s contained in the product.
Isolate- Isolate is CBD in its purest form. Isolates are so pure, quality product can contain as much as 990MG for every gram. The reason we tend to stay away from this product is because it doesn’t allow the user to experience the entourage effect (explained in “Which Spectrum do we like the best”). But, some people like the fact they are ingesting CBD in its purest form. Isolate arrives as a white powder so you may be confused on how it should be ingested.
The best way to administer this product to yourself is to sprinkle a bit under your tongue and hold it there for about one minute. Isolate cannot be dissolved in water, or mixed with a different liquid because it is not soluble in water.
For dosage, you should start with very small amounts and only increase as your body adapts and you feel comfortable (anything from 1-10MG’s is considered a small dose).
Which spectrum do we like best:
In our professional opinion, the Broad Spectrum CBD offers the best benefit for the user if you are using the product for relief from an aliment. Even without the THC, the other cannabinoids in Broad Spectrum oil are able to work together to create the best therapeutic experience for the user. This is classified as the “entourage effect”. To put it basically, the entourage effect takes place when the cannabinoids in the oil work together to create a stronger effect than they could if they were ingested separately (like an isolate).
Do you have additional questions about CBD? Feel free to check out the quick question and answer section below:
- What does CBD do? CBD can do several things! It can help people struggling with certain aliments, it can help you relax and best of all, its natural!
- Can CBD Help Take the Edge off Your Hangover? Absolutely! CBD fights inflammation on the body when ingested or applied topically. if you are achey or feeling nauseas from drinking, take broad spectrum CBD capsule!
- What does CBD stand for? CBD stands for Cannabinold. The origins of CBD are quite interesting. How the terms are derived and how it was discovered can really make you think!
- What does CBD look like? CBD can come in many different forms, it can be paced into gummies, into capsules, or it can come in a white powder called isolate!
- What does CBD oil taste like? CBD oil that hasn’t been mixed with gelatin or reduced and placed into different foods tastes “earthy” or “nutty”. Don’t want that earthy flavor? Mix your CBD into food items.
- What does CBD weed look like? Cannabis that is high in CBD actually doesn’t look much different from Cannabis that is high in THC. The frost is a little different, but if you need to know the difference a supplier can tell you, or lab results can show you.
- What does CBD make you feel? CBD can react differently with different people, but many experience relaxing effects along with reductions in insomnia and depression.
- What does CBD oil smell like? CBD tastes how it smells for the most part, it tastes earthy and nutty. But many people don’t like the smell or taste, so they tend to mix it with other things. Common mixtures would include yogurt and ice cream.
- What does CBD tea do? CBD tea, is tea that is mixed with CBD extract. Many people prefer to ingest the CBD this way to avoid the flavor that’s earthy and nutty. CBD relaxes its user!
- What does CBD do for your skin? CBD has anti-inflammatory properties because of the acids it contains; it can smooth skin and even reduce blemishes.
- When does CBD expire? The shelf life of CBD is quite long, but it can get longer if you know what to do. Many patients will place CBD in the freezer to extend the life of the CBD by quite a bit!
- How does CBD salve work? Salve is applied directly t the skin, many people combine ingesting and topical use of CBD to help with aliments they may be suffering. The salve absorbs into the skin in the targeted area where you rubbed the salve.
- How does CBD help dogs? The same anti-inflammatory effects that humans have from using CBD also work for pets! If your pet is getting a little older and their joints are hurting. Maybe they can’t jump up on the couch anymore! Give them some CBD!
- How does CBD affect the brain? CBD works with the cannabinoid receptors in your brain. From the brain they distribute to the area that is in need, if the inflammation exists in your knees, it will head for your knees. Pain in your shoulder, it will head there!
- How does CBD work in the body? To put it simply, it depends how the product is used. For instance, CBD will react differently with your body whether you ingest the substance, or you use it topically.
- Does CBD tea help with sleep? Yes! Depending on the dosage, CBD tea can you fall asleep and stay asleep for the full night. Many people have reported sleeping “the best they ever had” after drinking a piping hot cup of CBD tea!
- How long does CBD stay in your system? Normally CBD stays in your system for about five days. But it’s important to remember, CBD reacts differently with different people. It has been known to stay in some peoples systems for weeks.
- How does CBD oil make you feel? CBD is not psychoactive; therefore it won’t make you feel high. Instead, it should make you feel less anxious and relaxed. With CBD, what’s more important is what you DON’T feel. You wont feel stressed, you wont feel anxious!
- How long does CBD stay in breast milk? The short answer is it stays in your breast milk for up to 6 days. Using cannabis high in THC should not be used at all during pregnancy, but CBD can be safely and successfully used with positive results!
- How long does CBD stay in your hair? While CBD stays in your blood for only about a week, it is undetermined how long it can stay in your hair follicles. Some reports suggest CBD can stay in your hair for more than a month’s time.
- How long does CBD cream last? Typically CBD cream once applied takes about 15 minutes to start working to loosen up and start reliving pain on the area it was applied to. The best thing about CBD cream is it can last up to 6 hours relieving pain in the applied area!
CBD can be a miracle for many people that are struggling with anxiety, depression and even arthritis. Many people have reported serious reductions or even complete remission of many aliments. Even though science has not quite “caught up” to distribution of CBD products, the results of many patients is promising. In ten years, the staff at Soft Green Glow can only hope that instead of people popping prescription pills to get relief, they are popping a capsule of CBD, or dripping some Broad Spectrum from a tincture.
The road to end this cannabis prohibition has been a long one; with time we have seen states legalize THC & CBD cannabis for medicinal and recreational purposes. The results have lowered violent crimes, reductions in gang activity and a huge influx of tax dollars for state municipalities.